Monday, March 10, 2008

Everybodys Gone Surfin....

I was recently challenged to do a design that was at least 75% illustrated. Now as a graphic Designer, that's quite a bit. But It turned out to be a fun project. The final result is more like 98% illustrated. The only things that weren't done from scratch was the text and the circle at the bottom. Even the text is really more of a placeholder as it is intended to be a template design that will be changed out down the line many times. This was a great project that helped push me out of my comfort zone and force me to throw out the "bag of tricks" and just do it the old fashioned way. It was nice to spend more time in front of the drawing board than the computer screen for a change. The only thing I would alter on this piece is the text. I'd like to do completely custom text. I'll get around to that one day... maybe. In the meantime, enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's tight looking...I like this one. Very cool.


~Bethany S.