Monday, March 10, 2008

Microbursts Book Cover

Here is a project I just completed for a Christian book publisher. I'm now officially their "artist" and have many projects lined up with them this year including my first full blown Children's book. But for now, check out my first book cover for them. Its not really anything fancy but I think it works well. The main thing I'm proud of on this one is the illustration. I took a picture of my wife for reference and then tried to create an illustration that had some movement in it, not in the image per say, but in the actual line work and painting. The whole idea is about bursts of wind so I tried to carry over that theme to the painting. Check out the image below or view it on Amazon HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Valerie is always the model....that's funny. I like this one too...that is very illustrated.

;)

~Bethany


ps. I need to get back to practicing...haven't been doing that much. lol.

DaNella Auten said...

Hi Adam, I am DaNella... Yes, DaNella J. Auten... I LOVE my cover!!!!!!! Thank you so much!

DaNella