Friday, May 2, 2008

Nekkid Frog Time!!

Soon, I'll be working on illustrating my first Children's book. It centers around a frog and his journey meeting other animal friends. It's a christian themed story that I'm excited to be a part of. I don't know much on the story yet, but I know there's a frog in it and that's enough for me to start drawing. Here's my first concept. I'm going to try to do the whole book in a pencil/watercolor style. Not sure if this will be the final design of the frog but I like it okay for my first crack at drawing something cute in a long while. I was inspired by the illustrations in the movie Lilo and Stitch. (My personal favorite non Pixar Disney movie) Now, my only real concern is whether he should wear frog clothes or not. LOL. Generally I consider any animal that walks on two feet to be human enough to be modest. Its a good rule when drawing cartoon animals. If they walk on all fours, they can be nekkid, If they walk upright, they should have some clothes on. But It just didn't seem right to put clothes on this frog. Ahhhh, the many difficult decisions an artist must face! It's a quick sketch but expect a more refined look when I start pumping out pages later this year.

1 comment:

Jared Mirabile said...

After reading your blog about the major decision of clothes or no clothes I am seriously disturbed. Are you telling me that Bugs, Daffy and the gang were Naked? This is freakin me out! All that time growing up and watching what I thought was innocent cartoons reveals itself as some sick way to pervert childrens minds and distort social interaction between humans and illustrations. The world is a different place now!!!