Friday, May 2, 2008

Sin City Posters (Children close yours eyes)

My last post was a cute frog. So now the universe must be balanced by some edgy stuff. Okay, maybe not. But If there's one thing I pride myself on, its trying out new styles and growing my versatility as an artist. So here we have a couple Sin City posters I did for the next couple of planned movies. Now if you've seen the original Sin City, you either hate it or love it. There's no middle ground. I've always liked the comics due to Frank Millers amazing writing and stark black and white images. The stories are classic film noir with a new age spin which I liked alot. And they captured that in the movie perfectly. Are the stories bloody? Yes. Morally Corrupt? With the exception of a few noble characters.... Yes. But you can't deny its good writing and some really cool stylized visuals. The movie helped pave the way for another one of my favorite Frank Miller stories. (300) And so I felt like experimenting with that style a bit. So here we go. 2 Sin City Poster designs, One with Angelina Jolie as Ava Lord in A Dame To Kill For. The other is Johnny Depp as Wallace in To Hell and back. These are my dream castings for the parts that have yet to be cast. Plus, as a bonus... one old sketch of Nancy Callahan I did a good while back emulating Frank Millers style of hard black and whites with splashes of color. And now back to your regularly scheduled wholesome stuff....

No comments: