Thursday, February 26, 2009

Steamroller Studios is born!

So my buddy Keith Lackey who currently works at WETA digital (they made the effects for King Kong and Lord of the Rings) as a Technical Director gave me a call last week. He pitched me an iphone game idea that I fell in love with. We have been hard at work on said idea and already have quite a bit done with him working the programming and me the graphics. We're not ready to show anything yet but rest assured we will launch our first game in about 3 months time under the banner of our new company "Steamroller Studios" There's an inside joke there that I'll tell you about if you really want. Anyway, the inspiration for this intro were crudely drawn cartoons such as Doug or Ed Edd and Eddy. I wanted it to be funny and the lines constantly squiggly. (is squiggly a word?) It allowed me to learn something new in photoshop as well with the animation feature. Stay tuned for more!

GO HERE to see the better quality HD version of this. Also props to my boy Torrance Reed for the sound, he's a funny guy.

2 comments:

BlackTiger2 said...

dude this was sooo much fun

Raydancer said...

That's really cool, Adam. Any hints at what the gameplay will be like?